Wednesday 23 January 2013

k&a: indian tea (chai latte)


As I write this I'm enjoying a bowl of this delicious spicy tea, which in our home we always call Indian tea (or chai latte). This morning I posted the recipe on kitchen & aroma. Well, I can hardly call this a recipe; it's just water, milk, and black tea with a bit of organic raw cane sugar and spices. I love it and I always drink it from a bowl.

If you were expecting fashion on the blog today then I simply have to say that at this point I feel so uninspired by the fashion world that I'm skipping NOTES À LA MODE this week (my Balenciaga post on Monday is enough). Perhaps I should narrow this down and say that I'm uninspired by the couture world. It's haute couture fashion week in Paris, which I always enjoy, and after seeing the shows of Versace, Dior and Chanel, I didn't know what to think. Lack of enthusiasm was probably the first thing that came to mind. I'm just going to say it, even though my opinion certainly is of no importance at all: Are these designers just plain bored?!! If Donatella Versace found her groove with her last couture line then she lost it again with the latest one. Karl Lagerfeld needs a long cold shower. Period. I think Raf Simons is just lost in some weird Dior dimension. I liked one dress - one dress, people, and this is Dior! And I liked a few details up-close. That's all.

Don't get me started on the reviews. Is it too much to ask to have just one reviewer speak the truth? Or do the reviewers really like this? Are they really being honest? Unfortunately, Riccardo Tisci of Givenchy isn't showing this season and who knows when he'll be back with a couture line. I haven't watched the other shows so I'm counting on the Valli, Armani, Valentino and Elie Saab shows to impress me.

Who knew that one day I would write about Indian tea and haute couture shows in the same post? Life is full of surprises, isn't it? Enjoy your day ... and if you are enjoying the couture season then please don't let my opinion ruin it for you!

photo credit:
Lisa Hjalt

6 comments:

  1. You're funny..! Don't hold your breath for Armani either I'm afraid! I'm waiting until the shows end... then look back again. I love reading the reviews - whilst I'm thinking, 'is there something I missed"? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I can't drink coffee anymore, I have the feeling this is going to become my go to drink from now on. :) I haven't had time to view any couture collections, but I am more than certain that I would share your lack of enthusiasm. An honest review? I wonder, when will I read one when it comes to Dior by Raf Simons?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I am glad I am not the only one when it comes to the total Dior disaster! Agree with Ada about reviews - I wonder how much brainwashing or cash was required to write them... The collection was a mix of old Jil Sander, Dior by Galliano circa 2006-2008 and dresses made of left overs from the previous Simmons for Dior collection. I cried... Seriously. It hurts me to see such a magnificient house being ruined by ignorance and desire to please the croud. Very very very sad. And over all, yes, this Couture week was pretty disappointing, it felt as if couture is dying... So yes, lets all drink tea - at least it's enjoyable and actually helps to calm the mind.

    P.S. Probably the longest message I've written on your blog for a while. :D
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, your tea sounds perfect for cold days. I love things that recquired an easy preparation. Haha!
    Don't worry about skipping your notes a la mode section. Some days inspiration doesn't want arrive. We will wait for next week...
    Take it easy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, Indian tea sounds exquisite. But THIS bowl - WANT, so nice!!!! That bowl is haute couture enough for my eye:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. that looks heavenly. i worked at a coffee shop when i was (much, much) younger and the woman was from india, we made chai the traditional way before there was a starbucks in sight. i wish i still had that recipe it was so good!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.