Monday 29 October 2012

paris: la tour eiffel


"I ought to be jealous of the tower. She is more famous than I am."
Gustave Eiffel (1832-1923)      

I hope none of you is getting tired of Paris because I enjoy revisiting it through my photos. Today I was in the mood for the ideal Paris cliché, the Eiffel Tower. From the Esplanade du Trocadéro nothing blocks the view of the tower. When you walk up the steps from the metro and you pass the corner, the tower is there in all its glory. I went there all by myself in the morning on my second day and I admit that my heart started beating faster when I saw it. I'm sure I let out at least one sigh.

Besides me there were only a few tourists and policemen. I had seen the tower from a distance the day before but on that morning, up close, it looked so real and it felt as if it was saying: "Bienvenue à Paris! ... By the way, what took you so long?"

I hope you enjoyed a wonderful weekend and that the new week is starting off well!

photo credit:
Lisa Hjalt

13 comments:

  1. Lisa, the first photo is stunning! Maybe the rainbow is the only thing missing to complete the magic. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always wonderful - especially in this morning mood!

    ♥ Franka

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know it's such a cliche but I just never tire of seeing the Eiffel Tower. There's just something so magical about it that fills me with joy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paris mon amour:-) I will be there this Thursday. And, j'ai hâte!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It may be a cliche, but I sure want to see it anyway - can´t wait..! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just Beautiful. It even looks better with this kind of weather! Oh my the second, it's just like a postcard.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could never tire of PARIS, Lisa.
    Beautiful photographs and I love Gustave Eiffel's quote.
    Have a great week.
    Catherine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. These photos are just gorgeous, Lisa! I've been swooning over them on Pinterest. And how could we ever tire of Paris? Keep them coming :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tire of Paris? Never! I love that last photo and I want to return to Paris now :-)

    Rowena @ rolala loves
    Enter my Blogiversary Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Keep them coming! I could never get tired of Paris! x Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  11. I will never tire of photos of the Eiffel tower... they always seem so different in each shot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have so thoroughly enjoyed your Paris posts and if it's possible, I actually forgot how beautiful the Eiffel Tower really is. The second picture is my favourite - you really get a sense of scale.

    ReplyDelete
  13. :) Love your commentary, Lisa. And I'm sure the Eiffel Tower was equally happy to see you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.