Monday 10 September 2012

inspiration: soft colours & south france


Today I'm feeling inspired by soft colours and dreamlike photography so I turned to two blog posts by Jose Villa in my folders. I know that he's a big name in wedding photography but as I never buy bridal magazines I only discovered his blog about a month ago through concrete and honey. Staying here and now is something I try to practise but when I view photographs like the two large ones, taken somewhere in the south of France, all my defences crumble and my mind is there within a second. I have no idea where exactly they are taken and it doesn't matter; I don't need the exact location to daydream.


I hope you had a wonderful weekend and that your week is off to a good start. Our guests were smiling on Saturday when they left. We dined outside in beautiful and warm weather, talked about everything and laughed a lot. It was even warmer yesterday. When the children were busy playing in the garden I used the moment to sit on the balcony with my coffee and organise the week and prioritise. The school starts again next Monday and we need to prepare and buy supplies. I must say that I'm looking forward to the routine that accompanies the children going back to school.

Finally, thanks to Will of the colourful Bright.Bazaar blog for featuring my couscous salad in his recent Sunday's Bright Links post. If food and food photography interests you then I recommend you open some of the links he shared.

photo credit:
Jose Villa 1 & 3 / 2 & 4

14 comments:

  1. These shots are incredible, especially the first one. I would love to visit the south of france, I can only imagine how amazing the food, wine + scenery would be. Sounds like a great weekend of friends + food! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed one doesn't need the exect location to daydream : )
    Good to hear you've had a lovely & warm weekend
    Enjoy your week

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm usually not one for pastels. but these are stunning. and thanks for the introduction to Jose Villa :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so willing to have a day dream moment now :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the introduction to Jose Villa, Lisa. I like the escapist, dreamy feel to his shots. Aren't we so lucky to live in world with so much beauty? The countryside shot just makes me smile - so stunning.

    P.S. As for including you in Bright.Links, anytime! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those two photos taken in the South of France are so beautiful, very romantic! I'm daydreaming along!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those photos are so beautiful. I especially adore the 1st and 3rd ones - they are almost like paintings in way....

    Have a greay day, Lisa!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very beautiful photos, love the soft colors in them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. theses photos are lovely. loove them. i adore your blog, following you now! i have a new outfit post, would love to know what you think hun!!

    http://supposeishouldblog.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  10. soft colours & south France? Catchwords for me! These images are dreamlike - thanks for this little getaway, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful photographs, I love the soft dreamy colours.
    Have a happy week Lisa:)
    Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. These images definitely set one to daydreaming, Lisa. The faded, gentle colors are so restful and inspiring!

    Hope your week ahead is wonderful.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow,that first image is so stunning! pin, pin, pin....:)x

    ReplyDelete
  14. How beautiful! Just looking at these put me in a great mood. x Sharon

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.