Monday 9 January 2012

rustic monday


Today I'm in the mood for unfinished, rustic, and washed-wood furniture. I don't have any but I've kept my eyes open for a narrow table to use in the hallway. Just haven't found one yet.

The children are back to school. I thought it would be so hard to wake them up this morning but they were amazingly fresh and seemed to welcome the daily routine. Let's see how fresh they'll be when I pick them up!

Hubby is leaving us for Cannes, which I find simply plain cruel. [If the big boss is reading this, which I doubt, then I would like to suggest a new company policy: no employee goes to Cannes without the spouse.] Well, he'll be back tomorrow. I wouldn't mind walking the streets of Cannes, taking photos, eating and drinking French anything and breathing in the sea air. sigh

Are you up to anything special on this Monday?

bottom: Tom Leighton for Homes & Gardens

12 comments:

  1. I totally agree. that's cruel. maybe next time you can come with him. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bottom image is amazing; love love love the hues!!!
    And, indeed, business travels without the other half should be banned forever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Divine rustic inspiration - love that dining table, full of texture. I would like to be in Cannes too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i just love that wooden working table up there : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh just lovely! I think 'rustic mondays' should be mandatory! Hope the hubby picks you up something beautiful in Cannes! Lucky fish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I seriously envy your Mr. Big time. I suspect he'd be busy working, but still...
    On the other hand, you live in such a beautiful place where I wouldn't mind waking up on a daily basis. :)
    Wishing you a wonderful week, darling! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. i remember when i had one of those table to draw... can't believe i've gone all computer now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the work table, perfect for painting at:)
    We are all back to work and routine no trips to Cannes for us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the wallpaper in the second image. Strolling in Cannes sounds divine right about now :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cannes!?! That is cruel! They need to institute that new policy you suggested :)

    And that second image is just divine. Love the rustic table with the gorgeous wallpaper. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful rustic style inspirations! Back to reality again. I hope you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A new company policy is definitely required. I love the rustic room in the 1st pic, especially the table. I used to draw a lot when I was in school and it reminds me of that. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.