Friday 14 October 2011

today you are you


You gotta love Dr. Seuss and his today you are you quote! I wouldn't mind having that poster on my wall. By the way, the person in the white dress (Ada, this one is for you!) is model Toni Garrn photographed by Camilla Akrans for the April 2011 issue of Harper's Bazaar US. I'm getting ready to bicycle to the city centre in beautiful autumn weather. I need to take care of some things and then I'm meeting a friend for lunch.

Tomorrow night it's sushi and white wine with the girls. The one who made the reservation at this supposed-to-be-great sushi place said that at first she was told there was no table available. So she told them on the phone that they were not getting how fun and awesome girls we were and voilà, she got us a table! One cannot go wrong with friends like that.

Wishing you all a fabulous, I said fabulous, Friday!

photo credit:
den10studio on Etsy
Camilla Akrans for Harper’s Bazaar US

15 comments:

  1. wishing you a fabulous Friday as well !!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. enjoy sushi! where are you going, haven't ound a nice sushi place in Antwerp yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, thank you, Lisa. You know how to put a smile on a girl's face. This day has started well, with sunshine and lovely thoughts from my blogger friends. :) It sounds like a wonderful weekend, I'm sure you'll have loads of fun with the girls. I'm planning something special too, wink. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that quote! Sushi and wine sounds perfect - enjoy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the quote and love more your friend's gutsy ways. lol
    have a great time, seems you will. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is a cool quote and you certainly have the coolest of friends ; )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Góða skemmtun með stelpunum, bið að heilsa: :O)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great quote! I love Dr Suess quotes very clever. Hope you have a great Friday with the girls! I'll be recovering after an exhausting week away at holiday home in the lakes district of Eastern Victoria! And because I'm Me, I'm glad to be home to rest!
    Have a good weekend.
    Helen:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Smiling here about your friends' words! What a clever girl! I have no doubts you are going to have a wonderful time.
    Wishing you a beautiful Friday and great weekend!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. haha sounds like a wonderful friend :) How I wish I had a bike...I'm definitely investing in one next year when Hayk and I have our own place. Have a great time with your girls, and enjoy this weather!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. One of my favorite quotes! I would love to have that for each of the kids' rooms.

    Have a great weekend! (We're having pizza for dinner!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've always loved that quote! It's so very true. And love that photo too.

    Enjoy the weekend, Lisa! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Lisa! The quote is brilliant! I hope your weekend is the same. Sounds like it will be. :) – g

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is so great to have so wonderfull friends :)

    On the other hand, I love both the dress and the quote.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a Marylin Monroe historic white gown ;)Hope you enjoyed your weekend! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.